My Self-respect

I have not posted in a while. Life has been so busy! I wanted to take a moment to discuss Self-respect. Hopefully reading this can help you are someone you know put things into perspective.  Here are a few definitions of self respect I found:

" A proper sense of one's own dignity and integrity,"

" 1 :  A proper respect for oneself as a human being, 2 :  Regard for one's own standing or position."

As I think on my life and the life of others close to me I have experienced first hand, I think about how we could have avoided some unneeded drama if we had taken our self-respect into account?  Maybe there was a rude comment someone made about you or to you. Instead of letting it ride you stooped to their level (somewhere you did not want to be)and things got out of hand so quickly.  Things tend to spiral out of control so quickly don't they?

I have gotten to a point in my life where I have learned to let a lot of things go because they aren't worth the trouble they may bring. When you have that respect for yourself, you know your worth. There are quite a few people you can see through and know your time is not worth entertaining their non-sense.  Self-respect allows you to see what's important and what to avoid. It gives you the advantage of keeping your dignity in tact.

  • Think before you act. My pastor preaches this constantly. It's amazing the chaos that can be avoided if you just take 10 seconds to think before you act. It allows time for rational thoughts to come through.
  • Take the time to get to know yourself.  Learn what you like and dislike.  When you know yourself, it is easier to avoid things that are more difficult.
  • Love yourself. Accept your flaws & all. Learn what are your favorite characteristics about you. This allows you to see your value.
Your self-respect will allow you to aim high and achieve the goals you desire and bring some peace to your life.

Love, Peace, & Blessings,
Amexia

Comments

Popular Posts