What LaTeacha Did

        I originally wrote this months ago immediately after Teacha's passing, but today being her birthday, I see this as a great way to honor her memory.
         The weekend of April 10th I saw something beautiful come from sadness. I saw a family bond being renewed. All to celebrate the loving memory of LaTeacha Adams Coleman who passed away from breast cancer at the age of 32. Teacha has such a big heart and beautiful spirit and she fought an amazing fight 3 times to beat this disease.
        Over the years of getting to know Teacha, I knew how important family was to her. She constantly tried to get all of the family together. The last time many if them got together over two and a half years ago. Teacha brought people together whom haven't seen each other in over 5 years. I was able to meet my future in-laws who knew me only via Facebook. Nygel's brother was home from the Air Force and I got to see them with their Dad and his family for the first time. I saw so much love and joy even through the tears over that weekend, and it was a blessing to my spirit. 
        We get so caught up in our day to day live that we let our family ties become loosened. It's not what we intend but it happends. We just have to be aware and work on that balance. and some believe this was one of Teacha's last acts and she can rest easy knowing the family loves each other. 
        Teacha was a not only a Queen holding many pageant titles, she is a wife, mother, daughter and breast cancer advocate. She lived her life as an example to others letting them know there is a life after cancer. She founded the Life After Cancer sharing her story and experiences with others. We as her family will continue honoring her legacy through the LaTeacha A. Coleman foundation. What Teacha did is inspire us to be better and value life and family. We will carry on her legacy.

 

Comments

Popular Posts