Remembering My Baby Boy Michael


Charm honoring Michael.

11-2-2017. Today was my due date for our son Michael. I had no idea how I would feel today, but I am feeling good. I have learned so much through this time and I am grateful for the mark my baby boy has left on my heart. This whole experience put things into perspective for me though and here are some things I want to share with you.

  • For those who know me, do not pity me. I am strong. I am resilient. Treat me like the person you know and love and allow me to be me. No one wants to be treating like there is something wrong with them or like you have to walk on eggshells when you are in their prescence Continue to love on me. That's what make happy.

  • I may have lost a child, but I am still a mother and I still have the opportunity have more children. I don't take that fact for granted at all. I know there are women who have lost that opportunity or never had the opportunity at all to have children of their own. Each day I thank God for my blessings.

  • Be thankful for your children. Your kids may make you mad and get on your nerves, but be thankful they are alive and healthy. They can be here one minute and gone the next. Imagine how you were feeling if the last time you saw your child was the last time ever. How would you feel? Speak life into your babies and encourage them to be the best they can be.

I share my thoughts and feelings in hopes that this will let someone know they aren't alone. I pray they are inspired to keep pushing. I would not be where I am without my faith in God. God is forever faithful and I am thankful to serve such an awesome God.

The blanket Michael was wrapped in.

Comments