Lessons Learned: Some Things Will Not Go as Planned

 My son is 5 months today August 6th. I cannot believe how fast time is flying. This new mom journey has been filled with so many twist and turns and I am trying to find my new normal.

Yes after 5 months I am still trying to get a handle on it. You see life comes at you so fast and all of your plans go out if the window. I've at times gone into survival mode where the only things that matters are my son and I are fed, he's clean and safe. The house has been a mess and I look a mess. I have been sensitive about not having a clean home, but then I feel if someone has somehing to say, they can just come clean it themselves, pay for my cleaning service or just stay home hahaha.

I stepped away from regularly blogging and managing my women's group AMPed Life Women to focus motherhood. I started getting the hang of learning my little human while at home for almost 3 months, but then I had to transition back to work. That has been another adjustment for me. Being a working mom is tough but being a stay at home mom felt just as tough for me. I always have a plan and then adjust as things come my way.

What I've learned is things many times don't go as planned and that is alright. Just go with the flow and do the best you can. I am thankful my mom keeps reminding me of that and she's a super supportive mom allowing me to find my way. Just last week Deuce had a fever and I got call only 30 minutes after I had gotten to work. My mom told me to sleep while he is asleep and to not worry about catching up on house work. I was exhausted and I am so glad I took that advice. I put him down to nap and I would go do things like eat or use the bathroom and then I got back into bed and slept.  That was so helpful for me and I needed that rest. 

Sunday my son would not let me do much either. He's been attached to me and would not let me leave so. I was productive while I could be and My husband helped me when I could not be free. Again I now understand things will not always go as planned. No stressing for me. Everything will get done in due time. So to my new Mommas, enjoy that sweet bundle of joy, accept help when it is offered, rest when you can and go with the flow when things do not go as planned.
Today. Whenever I move,
he pulls me close 😂

Comments