Be Gentle with Yourself

I am truly taking life one day at a time. Losing our son so early in my pregnancy has been the most difficult trial of my life.  I have to be gentle with myself.  I have set some fitness goals for myself since I have put on weight. My husband had to remind me that I have been pregnant back to back. During my pregnancies, I had complications that landed me in the ER as well. My energy has been non-existent for many months now so for me, training has been difficult.  I am now motivated and my exercise is a part of my therapy. Through this difficult time, I am learning so much about myself and I know I am scratching the surface. 

My advice to anyone reading this is to take time to evaluate your life and where you are at the current moment.  If you are not satisfied with your situation,  create a plan and do what's needed to make the proper changes.  You have to be patient and be gentle with yourself because everything will not happen on your time. Trust in God and allow him to direct your path.

"Take delight in the Lord , and he will give you the desires of your heart."

Psalm 37:4 NIV


Comments

  1. Awesome truth!
    I totally understand where you are right now. I experienced the lost of a son after 7 months of being pregnant. I too had multiple pregnancies prior to him. I felt mentally, physically and emotionally drained. Yes, patience and trust in Christ is the key. Well stated, thank you for sharing.
    ~Battalliah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please take it easy...this article was right on time because I'm so unhappy with my life right now. I am making plans to get everything together. So, if you need a distant workout partner text me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am definitely here for this! I often forget this part of self care. I am so busy taking care of everyone else that I forget to take care of me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts