She is a Lady



This picture made me think about a situation with my Dad I will never forget.  I was sitting outside at my house on the porch with a boy I liked between my legs on the step.  As my Dad's truck unexpectedly turned into the yard, we jumped up quickly hoping he didn't see us from our long driveway. Later that day I was afraid of him fussing at me, but he said to me so calm and relaxed, "Be careful what you allow a man to do with you and to you because those actions are how he will view and value you.  You are a lady and deserve to be treated as one.  Do not let a man treat you any kind of way."

Those words still stick with me to this very day because they came from my Dad.  He was in no way perfect, but he is perfect to me because he loves me. He gave me flowers every Valentines Day growing up, he carried me to bed and tucked me in at night, and he told me I was beautiful.  I am a Daddy's girl and even at the age of 28 and engaged, I turn into a little girl that grins from ear to ear from her Dad's hug and smile. 

I say all of that to say this.  Fathers talk to your daughters.  Tell them you love them and tell them they are beautiful Spend time with them to show them how a man should treat them.  You are the first man your daughter will ever love (or hate for that matter).  Be an active figure in her life. Your relationship will impact the relationships she has with men for the rest of her life. If you set a solid foundation with your daughter, when you speak to her, she will listen.  Those words will stay with her.  She may not heed them the first time, but she will recall them when the time is right. 




My Dad, one of my sisters, & Me

Comments

Popular Posts