My Purge

2015 was an amazing year for me and it taught me many lessons.  As I prepared for my wedding, the process showed me who was truly there for husband and I.  I re-evaluated some friendships and relationships. I also gained new relationships.  I knew the order of my life was God first then my marriage. I learned not to take things personally when the relationships fell apart or changed to where we were not as close.  I also was able to forgive people who were not able to keep their word.  Like the book of Ecclesiastes states, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens," and those times help keep a healthy balance in your life.

In 2016 my goal is growth and cleaning out the people and things that are not beneficial to my life. I will purge trash and things that I don't need. I will get rid of clothes that I don't wear or cannot fit,  and toss old papers laying around that I don't need to keep. I've been going through my email and deleting messages, unsubscribing from things I don't need. My relationships will change for the better. I refuse to keep negativity around me. I want people around me who genuinely support me and I support them.

We all carry around so much baggage and clutter and we don't realize it anymore because we have become used to the weight of the chaos. Those piles of papers, the junk email filling your inbox, that friend who always complains and always has some drama that has happened in their life...it weighs on you.  You are absorbing negative energy and cluttering your mind.  Start removing things, start throwing away and shredding those papers you no longer need.  Talk to that dramatic friend less or change the subject to a more positive matter. Encourage them to steer clear of that drama to better their situation. Free up your mind and your life. I will not require a lot to be happy and have joy. My motto for 2016 will be...Less is more. Less stress and more peace and fulfillment.

Comments