One Step at a Time

"When you can't wait any longer
But there's no end in sight (When you need to find the strength)
It's your faith that makes you stronger
The only we get there is one step at a time

Take one step at a time
There's no need to rush
It's like learning to fly
Or falling in love
It's gonna happen and it's
Supposed to happen that we
Find the reasons why
One step at a time"
~Jordin Sparks,  One Step at a Time.

These are lyrics from one of my favorite songs. For me at this point in my life, I'm going one step at a time. I need this for my healing.  I have my good days and my bad days, but eventually my good days will outweigh my bad days. This part of grieving hurts for me because I want to bypass the pain and feel my best again, but I can't.  This frustrates me, because who wants to continue to feel that pain? I know that in time that it will happen naturally. That's where my relationship with God and staying connected to my support system strengthens me.  There will be times I want my space to be alone, but I don't ever want to completely disconnect with my support. Through this time God is showing me his faithfulness.  He isn't going to leave me.

To anyone who is going through or will go through a difficult time, it is ok to go through the many emotions you will feel. Do not fight the feeling. You need to allow yourself to properly heal.  Lean on God and he will see you through. 

Comments