A Bundle of Joy, A Blessing

I've dreamed of moments like these. Being able to cuddle, kiss, and love on my child. I love children, but I wasn't ready to become a mother until I was ready. Does that make sense? When I was ready to be a mother, we had this emotional 2 year journey of losses and the highs and lows of what pregnancy can bring. I longed for my little one to be in my arms. I am now thankful to have moments like these all the time and do not take them for granted.
Me with my two month old son Nygel

I say that to say this. Be mindful of the questions you ask a man or woman about their timeline to have children. You truly have no idea what that person has endured.  I have had people say things to me who had no idea of my journey. I did not hold it against them because I know they were not trying to cause me harm, but their words still stay with me years later.  Also keep in mind that when somone does have a child, their bundle of joy does not replace the child that was lost. The feelings can be a range of emotions from pure joy, to guilt. Just enjoy that beautiful new bundle of joy and rejoice with them about their new blessing.

Comments