My 2019 Word of the Year Results

In 2019, I started taking a different path for new year resolutions. I now choose a word of the year. That word encompasses my many goals I want to accomplish for the year and it is a reminder to stay the course.  

Adjusting to motherhood took a toll on me because of the many life transitions happening at the same time.  My hubby went back to school and got a second job to pay for his classes.  This meant I was the primary caregiver of our youngest and our oldest when we had him in our care. My job at the time was a toxic environment and I hated going to work each day. I was thankful to have money to support my family, but the job was not good for my soul.  I couldn't do the fun things I used to do because I was so busy and just plain tired. I gained weight after my pregnancy because I wasn't concerned with the type of food I ate. Correction, I was concerned about what I ate, but I had little time to prepare meals like I used to. I ate on the go a lot and I did not work out. I am so thankful for our family and friends who did provide the much needed relief in the form of providing food, folding laundry watching or Deuce throughoutthis period. 


With everything happening in my life, I needed to make a change and get my life back in order. My word for 2019 was, "Intentional." I made it a point to be intentional in everything I did. This was especially true for my daily actions, my time management, and my relationships. 

I was intentional with my thoughts and actions.
I believe in putting positive vibes in the universe will yield positive vibes/results in your daily life.  Though I was unhappy with my work situation, I remained positive and did the best work possible. I was positive with my coworkers even when some were toxic. When there were issues, I handled them professionally and did not let anger get the best of me.  I volunteered to take on more responsibility when it was not required.  These were things I could use to build my resume for future employment. I refused to let that negative environment bring me down.  I knew my time at this job was winding down. I was intentional with speaking my future into existence.

I was intentional with my time.
I took time off from everything I could. I took time off from writing this blog.  I took time off from my AMPed Life Women's group.  It took a lot of responsibility off my plate and allowed me to relax. I did not have to worry about creating content.  I could focus more on me and my family.  I later explained to the ladies my actions and I appreciated the feedback and the support I received.   I started putting my time into finding a new job.  I decided I would look for a new job once my son Deuce was older and sleeping more at night. It would be too difficult for me to learn a new job while learning to be a mother.   I use a calendar to organize my time and my family's time. It helps me keep track of everything I have going on.  Most importantly, I took time to be alone. I like having time with myself and doing the things that bring me joy.

I was intentional with my relationships.
A few years ago, I started the journey of not tolerating the BS people can dish out.  I have been navigating this journey and fine tuning  what I thought would be best for myself and my energy.  I am now very particular about the people I let into my space and my family's space. I don't, "fake it to make it" with people. If I do not want to be around them, I simply don't. I am also more direct when it comes to conflict resolution.  I no longer spend time trying to figure out how I may have offended a person. I simply ask what may be the issue.  I give people time and space. All I ask in return is the same honesty and respect.  I refuse to hold on the energy of worry and confusion because it is not good for my overall health. I no longer put my energy into one-sided relationships. I want relationships that are full of life and growing. 

Being intentional has yielded wonderful results.  I am more at peace. I have happiness and joy. My diligence allowed me to find a new job and advance my career.  This job allows me the flexibility to be their for my family as well as create my own path. I've been getting out more. I'm going to concerts, dating and enjoying my husband. I have created healthy and strong relationships with my wonderful friends.  They bring such positivity, fun and encouragement to my life.  I have re-established my individuality.  I think you can get so caught up in being a wife, mother, and other things to other people.  When you aren't balancing things, you can lose yourself and give out all of your energy.  What happens is you have nothing left for yourself.  I am keeping watch of how I manage everything and I am taking the time for myself when I need to.  

I look forward to promise of 2020. My word for this year is, "Committed."  I am committed to making lots of wonderful things happen in my life this year. I can't wait to share that journey with you.

Comments