AMPed Life Women. Andrian Dennis: Navy Veteran Making Her Mark in Beauty & Glam

Andrian, Tell us about yourself.
Andrian Dennis, Owner of MyArtYourBeauty

My name is Andrian Dennis.  I was born and raised in a small town in South Carolina.  After graduating high school, I joined the United States Navy, where I met my husband and spent 10 years on active duty. We've been married for over 13 1/2 years and have a blended family of seven kids ranging in age from 10 to 21 years old.  There is never a dull moment in the Dennis household, truly LOL.  We decided that I would get out of the Navy to stay at home full time with the kids while he continued to stay active. I always wanted a big family as a kid, I never thought that I would get that and more. I recently started my business in makeup artistry, which I love. 

How do you juggle your responsibilities without becoming overwhelmed? 
Being a military wife and mom as well as a business owner is challenging.  There are times that I get very overwhelmed, but I usually have to schedule out the day and I go by that. It makes my time management easier for me. Getting the kids up and out for school, scheduling clients for a makeup session, doing makeup applications, picking the kids up from school,  and cooking dinner just to do it all over again. Whew! I don't think I would change a thing though.

Why did you decide to launch your makeup business?You know when I decided to start my business, it was so sudden because I really didn't think I was ready. I never thought that this little country girl who made mud pies would have a business that was mine and had a name that I created!  I had family members who were very influential and adamant about me launching the business. They just kept encouraging me and pushing me to do it, so I did.
Photo credit: MyArtYourBeauty

What services do you supply?
The services I supply are full face makeup applications, eyelash applications, beauty tips on skin and makeup products that may be affordable for all women.

What was the most nerve-wracking thing for you during the process of starting your business?I think the most nerve-wracking thing was creating a business page. I felt nauseous for some reason. I was like, "Okay, all of these strangers would see my work, and judge me for it." So I was very self-conscious and afraid of what someone might say negatively.


What is your favorite thing about having your makeup business?The most favorite thing about having my business is I get to make my clients beautiful.  When they take that last look in the mirror after I'm done with their makeup application and see the transformation, that smile from ear to ear let's me know that I've done my best at my job.

Photo credit: MyArtYourBeauty
What advice do you have for those who want to chase their dream?
The advice I want to give is whatever your dream may be, you should never give up in trying to pursue it.  Work hard, stay focused, ignore the negativity, keep praying, and believe in yourself.  Life in itself can have its road blocks, self-doubt, and the feeling that it all may not be worth it.  Just know that anything is possible, it may not come on your timing, but when the time is right it will.

How can people can people get in contact with you?
I can be reached through my social media.  

Business Facebook: MyArtYourBeauty
Business Instagram: @MyArtYourBeauty 


Comments

Popular Posts