Why I Believe In My Husband's Dreams

For those of you who follow me on my different social media accounts, you see that I share and support my husband's work and I am his spokesperson when I need to be.  I fill in any capacity in which he needs me and where I feel I can add value.  I do this because I believe in his work and his vision.

The other day as I was reaching out to people on my Facebook friends' list about his most recent book. A friend asked me if I was his promoter as well as his partner.  My response, 'I'm his everything. Love has no limits.'  I believe this wholeheartedly.  If Nygel succeeds, then I succeed.

Support this project here
I think the support we provide for each other on our different endeavors is another reason our relationship is as strong as it is. I could not be with someone if I did not believe in their abilities.  I am the type of person who is supportive of the people I care about.  I told Nygel from day one that I would not have dated him if I didn't believe in his talents.  I could not listen to his music and read his books if my heart was not into it. Those things are a big part of his life.  He would be able to tell I am not interested and that would hurt his feelings even more.  Lack of support is a reason some relationships fail.

He is realistic about his goals.  I provide a different perspective and I am honest.  I don't hold back my opinion to spare his feelings, but I give constructive criticism.  I think it would be a disservice to him if I am not honest with him.  I want him to be the best and he understands that.  

I support him because he works hard.  After working all day at his job, he comes home and works on his passion.  I will not get in the way of what he's doing because he is still meeting his duties as a man, husband, and father.  Seeing him happy gives me joy.  It is a wonder for me to watch him create and actually share in the creative process with him.

His projects are a labor of love and it connects us in a different way.  Allowing him to be happy and do what he loves allows him to treat me well.  Men will do a lot for a woman who understands them, support them, and give them peace.  I do my best to be his peace and it pays off with the love, attention and devotion he gives me.

My advice to the ladies out there who are with a man who is chasing his dream: let him do it.   As long as he is not being a bum and using his dream as an excuse not to work, support him any way that you can.  He will recognize your value and pay you above your worth.  To the fellas, if you have someone willing to stick by your side as you are chasing your dreams, respect her, love her, and value her.  Allow her to make your life better. Good women have that impact.


Check out my hubby's work:  N.M. Porterfield





Comments